The LaSPACE REA (Research Enhancement Awards) Program is now open. The revised guidelines are attached here in word & pdf and will also be posted to the LaSPACE website for download. Please take note of the details and solicitation schedule listed below. As implemented last cycle, we will be requiring an NOI in advance of proposal submission. These notices will assist us with lining up reviewers. The NOI is required and proposers who not submit one ARE NOT ELIGIBLE to submit a proposal. Summary details are included below, but again, please read the full guidelines carefully. Noncompliant proposals will not be considered for funding.
- A Notice of Intent (NOI) to propose is required for the REA program. NOIs do not need to be routed for institutional approvals/signature the way the final proposal needs to be.
- The overall goal for this Program is to effectively utilize the resources available through LaSPACE as incentive for faculty and students: 1) to develop research competitiveness, 2) to develop new research projects or directions, and 3) to foster collaborations among the campuses, as well as with NASA centers and/or other federal laboratories and with the business/industry community.
- The REA Program is separated into two component parts or subprograms, The Research Facilitation/Initiation Subprogram and the Visiting Researcher Subprogram.
- Only tenured, tenure-track, or research faculty at the level of Assistant Professor or higher affiliated with LaSPACE campuses are eligible to apply. In cases where support is requested for visiting scientists, the application must be submitted by, and be the responsibility of, a LaSPACE institution faculty member. On ALL proposals, only one PI can be proposed. For a multi-institution proposal, the lead at the secondary institution will be considered a Co-I.
• Submit all properly executed proposals via email as fully searchable pdf documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Important Dates:
- Proposal Release Date: Friday April 17, 2020
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Due Date: Friday May 29, 2020
- Proposal Due Date: Monday, June 15, 2020
- Anticipated Award Announcements: Late July / Early August 2020
- Award Period of Performance: 09/01/2020 – 08/31/2021
Download Link (Word Document): LaSPACE_REA_Proposal_Guidelines_2020-2021
Download Link (PDF Document): LaSPACE_REA_Proposal_Guidelines_2020-2021