- ACES: CLOSED
- CSG: OPEN
- Fellowships: CLOSED
- GSRA: 06/24/2013
- HASP: CLOSED
- HE/SD: OPEN
- Internship: CLOSED
- K-12/Outreach: OPEN
- LURA: 06/24/2013
- MRS: OPEN
- PACER: CLOSED
- REA: CLOSED
- RIG: OPEN
- URP: Unavailable
- DART2: CLOSED
- DART2 Travel: CLOSED
- RAP: 05/31/2013
- STARS: OPEN
- TAP: OPEN
LaSPACE Unsolicited Research Proposals Program
The URP Program is one of three LaSPACE research programs designed to build research infrastructure in the state:
- Research Enhancement Awards (REA) Program Competitively awards subgrants for Principal Investigators at LaSPACE affiliate institutions.
- Unsolicited Research Proposals (URP) Program Awards research subgrants on a funds available basis.
- Research Initiation Grants (RIG) Program
- Minority Focus Aims to increase diversity of students/faculty engaged in research.
- College Focus Encourages small college participation in LaSPACE programs.
As is true with all LaSPACE Programs, minority participation is strongly encouraged.
The awards are intended to develop expertise and to contribute to research competitiveness. However, awards are not intended purely to support faculty salaries or graduate student stipends. It is anticipated (and strongly advised) that students (both graduate and undergraduate) will be involved in URP projects, but the overriding goal is the development of research capabilities and infrastructure in support of the country's space/aerospace endeavors. In that regard, contacts/collaborations/ties to NASA centers and NASA researchers are strongly encouraged.
Note: For FY11 (and, probably FY12) LaSPACE anticipates that little to no funds will be available for URP projects. Researchers should utilize the REA solicitation or the NASA EPSCoR DART2 solicitation to apply for support.