- CSG: CLOSED
- Fellowships: CLOSED
- GSRA: 05/31/2017
- HASP: CLOSED
- Internship: CLOSED
- LaACES: CLOSED
- LURA: 05/31/2017
- MRS: CLOSED
- Outreach: OPEN
- REA: 03/31/2017
- RIG: CLOSED
- Senior Design: CLOSED
- URP: CLOSED
NASA EPSCoR Deadlines
LaSPACE Research Initiation Grants (RIG)
The RIG Program is one of three LaSPACE research programs designed to build research infrastructure in the state:
- Research Enhancement Awards (REA) Program Competitively awards subgrants for Principal Investigators at LaSPACE affiliate institutions.
- Unsolicited Research Proposals (URP) Program Awards research subgrants on a funds available basis.
- Research Initiation Grants (RIG) Program
- Minority Focus Aims to increase diversity of students/faculty engaged in research.
- College Focus Encourages small college participation in LaSPACE programs.
RIG complements REA by adding a new focus and a different set of stakeholders. It is hoped that RIG awardees may move on to successful proposals to the REA subprogram.
As is true with all LaSPACE Programs, minority participation is strongly encouraged.
The RIG Program is funded by NASA. The awards are intended to develop expertise and to contribute to research competitiveness. However, awards are not intended purely to support faculty salaries or graduate student stipends. It is anticipated (and strongly advised) that students (graduate and/or undergraduate) will be involved in RIG projects, but the overriding goal is the development of research capabilities and infrastructure in support of the country's space/aerospace endeavors. In that regard, development of contacts/collaborations/ties to NASA centers and with NASA researchers is encouraged, but not required. To identify potential NASA contacts/collaborators, contact the LaSPACE office or the University Affairs Officer (UAO) at each NASA Center. A list of NASA UOA's and their contact information is given on the NASA Education web site.
Click here to see the latest RIG Guidelines.